Wellington to Methven via Christchurch

December 25, 2020

Waitangi long weekend in Canterbury. I haven't booked any accommodation for our stay tonight as I waited to see how the weather would turn out for today. Finally got through the Rakaia Gorge camp ground number in the morning while I was at work. The man on the line was grumpy (I think I woke him up from his sleep) and said his office closes at 8.30pm. I tried Methven camp ground and was relieved the owner was happy to let us stay despite our late arrival. Had shower in the office at around 3pm and headed straight to airport after work for our 6.10pm Jetstar flight to Christchurch. Checked in two bags with combined weight of 15kg without problem. Arrived in Christchurch at 7pm sharp. Picked up rental car at Sudima - it was a 2013 red Toyota Corolla hatchback. Charged to Methven, racing against the sun set. It was around 9pm when we got to the campsite and put up our tent before it got completely dark. There weren't many guests; it was quiet and there was no wind. 


This was 6.50am the next morning, packed up and ready to go!

You Might Also Like

0 comments