Change is the only constant in life

September 02, 2008

I spent 1 hr trying to install the new IE8.0 beta 2 version only to uninstall it after using it for 5 mins. SmartScreen Filter, Live search, Search Suggestions, Web Slices, Accelerators, so many buttons, the drop-down list just doesn't appear when I click on the address bar, it's just too overwhelming with so many new and unncessary features. I just want the tab function so that I don't have so many windows at the bottom of my screen. Not all those useless buttons! Arghh! (Flustered) Got rid of them all and now I'm back to my old IE; simple and user-friendly.

Previously, I was so used to the old msn (before live messenger) I just refused to use the new one that everyone was already using. I still remember whenever I signed in there will be a pop-up saying 'A new version of messenger is now available' and I'll just X it. I was forced to change when msn refused to let me sign in unless I upgrade to live messenger. Now, there's another new version of live messenger that I saw my sisters using. I guess I'll just continue using till I get phased out again. Hah.

Clearly, I'm one who doesn't like changes. As one gets older, it's even harder to change. Change handphone, change software, change job, change environment, change bf, change change change. Everyone knows that change is the only constant in life. Sometimes it's just a matter of getting used to it I suppose. Maybe next time u'll see me still using Windows Xp when everyone's already using Windows Vista. Wait till I get phased out again. Hah.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. haha im using the old msn and old windows XP too. still at this damn old job and environment. and im leaving a tag on a blog of my rusty old fren now =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i still like xp. vista sucks. eat so much memory and pretend to be atas and hang my sisters com :(
    msn got new format meh? i thought live msger is the newest one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ht: we're like old grannies in the olden days using pagers and typewriters when people have handphones and computers lol.

    mb: got...now got live msger 9.0 or something mine is still 8.1 lol

    ReplyDelete