Follow your mind or heart?

November 29, 2008

Exams are over and the second (first is to have a good meal and catch up on Gem of Life) thing to do after the exams is for rs to get a new laptop! So off we go to the Sitex Fair at Expo.

After meandering around for some time and doing some elimination, it was down to 2 - a white fujitsu or a black sony vaio. After asking around and analyzing for some time, fujitsu turned out to have slightly better specifications, slightly better free gifts and slightly cheaper than vaio. However, vaio's apperance and interface is much cooler than fujitsu. Rs was really torn having to choose between the two so he asked for my opinion.

"How...I dono leh...what do u think? Which one will u choose?"

I will choose vaio bcos I am a fujitsu user and I dun like fujitsu. It's very hot and the fan not good. Some more it's white so easily dirty

"I dun mind it's white in color. This one the specs better than the other one..some more they can give us $60 discount leh..."

"Aiya...But then vaio is nicer..."

"My mind is asking me to choose fujitsu but my heart is telling me to get vaio...."

Ok ok, come we go walk around and think about it

We walked around, asked some more about the 2 models, contemplated, thought long and hard, played around on the laptops and walked around. Rs still could not come to a decision. We went out of the exhibition hall, sat down and took a rest.

"I can't decide leh..."

Close ur eyes. Which laptop comes to ur mind first?

"Vaio...No...fujitsu..."

"Haiya!!! I dowan to think liao lah!"

Slowly think lor. If cannot then dun buy lor we go home

"Let's go in and see again..."

We meandered our way through the crowd, asked for some more discount, some more free gifts, thought long and hard, went out of the hall again, went to the atm and rs went to the toilet. After he came out, he said "Come, let's go."

I saw he was heading for the vaio booth.

So u decided ler ah? Confirm?

(Nod)

But fujitsu better and cheaper leh...u sure not...got discount leh...(disturb)

"I decided to go with my heart"(Adamant look)

So after walking around for 5hrs, rs finally made his decision. The salesperson saw us back again and smiled. He filled up a form and told us to collect over at another side. We waited for awhile and the uncle turned to us,

"I'm sorry...but we're only left with the pink one leh..."

In life, sometimes we face extremely difficult decisions of having to follow our heart or mind. When it comes to laptop, car or even house, we think long and hard bcos there is a high level of purchase involvement as they are expensive goods. When it comes to people, we think long and hard, bcos both candidates also not bad, both girls/guys also not bad; both also like. After contemplating for a long time and we finally decided to follow our heart, sometimes what we want is not there anymore...错过了就没有了.

Rs is now a proud owner of a new white fujitsu laptop.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. you STALKED me...
    tsk.

    but hmm.. a pink vaio would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 捉奸捉到expo去了
    你好样的!还没考完就去约会!!
    pink vaios are for young meimeis who dono anything abt specifications and just go for looks

    ReplyDelete
  3. *looks towards my sister's room*

    vaio sucks like hell man. heng rs nv buy. dont even need to talk about fan, or hot or not, on a few programs can hang half day liao loh.

    BUY COMPAQ. cheap and good and durable and black.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wah vaio really that bad? looks can be really deceiving!

    ReplyDelete