The Inevitable

August 18, 2009

The inevitable came and I finally crossed over to the dark side.

I've been wailing non-stop about being pushed over the line by an invisible force. I never wanted to part with freedom and I dread what's to come.

As I drag my feet over the line, with it comes greater responsibilities, more uncertainties, and lesser friends. As I join many others in moving up the corporate ladder, will I be consumed by greed, materialism and hypocrisy? I'm afraid. I don't want to become a person I don't like and don't want to be.

Hey it wouldn't be as bad as you think, my friends would say. I don't know. I don't know how much or how long people would ponder before they begin the next phase. It struck me that I can no longer be an innocent kid. It saddens me that I'm no longer under the protection of the invisible force which has mapped out the past 16 years for us. It scares me that no one is going to draw out the remaining roadmap for me anymore.

Like everyone else, I know I'll be lost for awhile before I get used to a new lifestyle and a new environment. Meanwhile, I'll just trudge along with reluctance...

You Might Also Like

0 comments