Hello Taipei

August 04, 2010

17 February 2008, we said goodbye to each other at the airport. After months of preparation and module mapping, we are finally setting off on our own - him to Taipei and me to Beijing (I departed the following day). We had no idea when we'll see each other again, probably a good few months later.

Ever since then, I've learned alot about Taiwan from the photos he took and the stories he told me over our nightly msn video chat and when we returned home to Singapore. I knew all the names of the places of interest, the night markets and the food (the good and the bad) when I was putting together all the photos he took there into a poster for his 24th birthday. He played tour guide (on two separate occasions) for his parents and family-friends who visited him in May 2008 and travelled to quite a number of places outside Taipei with the locals and Singapore students. Looks real fun to me.


Tomorrow morning, we are finally going to Taipei together. I have waited 2 years for this and 9 months for it to happen. He will be spending his 26th birthday over there and we're going to visit (re-visit for him) some of the places you see up there, this time, together :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments