Moving On

September 19, 2011

I bumped into Yejun recently and he asked me what was the outcome of the competition. I was surprised. I thought nobody cared and I could pretend I never joined this competition and move on with life. I was wrong. It spiced up my life for awhile and created conversations between me and my friends. But honestly, joining this competition has ruined me. I became obsessed with traffic and it makes me cringe whenever I find myself moving my dirty mouse to the Stats button. The current state of disequilibrium I'm experiencing right now reminds me of the day I said goodbye to Pejoy in 2009. I'm having difficulties gathering my thoughts and writing about my next trip. While you were feeling sick and tired of seeing Tap Zoo Fail every time you come here, I was reading the posts I wrote in the past and searching for the old me. I'm amazed at how well I articulated my emotions and crafted my adventures. I feel so incompetent with my writing skills now. So dear readers, in case you're still wondering, I thought I should at least let you know that I did not win the Singapore Blog Awards. As I close this short chapter of my life, I want to remember it as a milestone. I have no idea how many people still drop by here. If you are still following faithfully, thank you for not quitting on me.

I finally pushed the orange Publish button.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. just to add, a lot of people do care. my colleagues and friends, whom i pestered for votes asked about the outcome. the only people who didn't care were the SBA organisers who cared only about publicity and popularity. if a good travel blog is one that showcased picturesque photographs, then why do i need a best photography blog award category?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont let it get you down! keep on doing what you like and enjoy the most :)
    never knows what waiting ahead! 加油!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete