Endings & Beginnings

July 14, 2009

I looked up at the rainbow of balloons and confetti coming down, landing gently on my head. I couldn't feel any joy, only sorrow and reluctance. The day I wish would never come was over. It all happened in a whirl. Except for that 10 seconds walk across the stage to get the scroll which felt like eternity. 16 years of education ended with a bang, followed by balloons and streamers, smiles and hugs, and lots of flashlight.

没有爸爸妈妈 我不会有今天

I spent a long time thinking about my years here. When I sat alone in the same auditorium as a freshman, I had no idea what to expect in the coming years. Little did I know I would cross paths with so many people and walk away with so many fond memories that would last me for a lifetime.


Orthodontics changed my life forever, in far more significant ways than I imagined. For this I am eternally grateful to my dentist for giving me this powerful thing called confidence. The initial years were not that great but I met these people who have made those days more bearable.

Remember the times we giggled uncontrollably in front of our screens during wee hours on msn?

最难忘的不是现在, 而是从前那简单疯狂永远都回不去的时光

我们的开心果 很快就用完的电池

Mm ji dim gai, lam hei yi qin zi yau ngor dei liong gor dei yat zi dou geh hou siew geh hoi sam

I have walked out of those depressing days completely :)

We share one common interest and that is beautiful Shangrila. I think Mr Yee is cool and handsome!

I'm amazed by her continuous efforts to save the earth

With her around I have less to worry about

Cos she's organized, motivated and efficient!

The once in a lifetime opportunity that I never regret going. My days in Beijing were not exactly the best times but I seriously miss all the freedom and carefreeness that allowed me to be truly myself. Exchange was a turning point for I still believe many things changed after that. Be it my relationship with other people, other people's relationship with other other people. Not that it matters now anyway.

人与人之间的关系真是奇妙

He never fails to tell the story of my hostility towards him when we first met

Everyone remembers her as Ms Gorgeous now but I actually prefer the times when she could simply be herself

We've been on one of the tallest building in Singapore together

Hilarious giant and thunderous laughter

My most memorable times with him is none other than acting alongside him as a disgruntled seller

Helluva talented singer. I'm not surprised if he becomes a superstar one day!

周董上身

默契十足的芒果日报

The unforgettable times were going through some of the toughest times together

无价的表情-维持多年的长距离友情

Not forgetting my best friend who has always been there no matter happy or sad, angry or disappointed

永远没完没了的吵吵闹闹

My best times with him were not in school neither in Singapore. They were getting lost in Beijing, surviving a typhoon in Hong Kong, confronting rude people in Macau, climbing in Kunming, cycling in Dali, vommitting in Shangrila, checking our final results in Lijiang and eating hotpot in Chengdu.

The process of learning has been fun, enjoyable and memorable with the company of all these friends I've met here. I suppose this last photo celebrates the many hours we've spent on those endless projects, some of the excellent reports we've done and the end of countless nerve-wrecking exams we've sat for. As we move on with our own lives, stay close and don't fade away.

You Might Also Like

0 comments