A Divine Moment

May 17, 2011






8 am. No one in sight. Walking through door after door, I found myself in front of a shrine. How rare. Other than Angkor Wat, I haven't seen any shrine in the rest of the temples. It was even properly decorated with ornaments and colourful streamers. More importantly, the statue was the only statue I have seen that is complete. No missing head, limbs or nose. Someone had wrapped a piece of golden sash around its body and I figured it must have been well-respected and highly regarded by the people here. I have no idea which diety but I just put my hands together and closed my eyes, like how I normally would when I'm in places of worship. Banteay Kdei was completely silent. I felt an inexplicable sense of calmness and...nothingness. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments