Sharkel

April 06, 2012

Third snorkel. I was surprised how much I've improved compared to my first attempt in Australia. By the time we stopped at Renggis which was the third stop of the day, I was able to get into the water on my own. He had already swam off with the rest to look for sharks and I simply took my time to get down and catch up with the rest. I stayed with the pack for awhile and Holland babe kept saying she saw shark but I didn't see any. We went round the little island and reached an area where the corals and black sea urchins were freaking close right smack in my face I was gonna crash into them any time soon. I started to panic a little and I decided to go back the same route from where we had came from. As I turned around, my flippers brushed against the reef. He didn't seem to be scared and continued snapping away in the underwater world.


I went off on my own and finally got into a more comfortable zone. I started to move away from the corals and there weren't many fish around. Suddenly, I saw a shark less than 50m away in front of me. I was really excited and popped up the surface to tell everyone of my sighting. But there was no one around me. I ducked back into the water and kicked as fast as I could to follow the shark. The water started to get murky and it disappeared out of my sight. My shark sighting lasted for about a minute. I was contented nevertheless and decided to find my way back to the boat, avoiding rocks and corals that were too close. I finally saw our boat and he shouted "Where did you go!? I was looking for you!" and I yelled "I saw a shark!!" If I had not turn back, I would not have seen it. I climbed up the boat and both of them (Holland babe and him) decided to go down again for a last ditch attempt. Ajib navigated the boat to another spot, told them where to go and sure enough, they came back shortly after 10 mins, reporting they saw shark. I conclude that the chances of spotting a shark at Renggis is quite high since all three of us managed to spot one :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments