Melaka to Singapore

March 10, 2012

When I reached Apa Kaba on Friday night, I started asking Kenny about buses back to Singapore on Sunday. I had checked every counter at Melaka Sentral and all of them told me the same thing, no more bus to Johor Bahru or Singapore on Sunday afternoon. Kenny noticed I was still carrying my bag and he told me to relax and settle down first. He assured me that he will do his best to get us home on Sunday. While washing up, I could hear a guest asking Kenny "Why is she so worried?" I was instantly struck by his tone of bewilderment. I realised that I wasn't in a 'travel' state of mind that I'm supposed to be in. I had come to Melaka without leaving fast-paced Singapore society behind. I began to understand why he couldn't comprehend my anxiety because the last thing on a traveller's mind is to worry about not being able to go home. I was ashamed with myself and hid in the room for awhile after my shower. While waiting for my donkey friend to come, I surfed net in the living room and watched the cat leapt up and licked water from the big bonsai pot.

You Might Also Like

0 comments