Taj Express: Agra Cantt to Delhi Nizamuddin

December 03, 2011


Last train ride in India. As the train moved, I found my head shaking gently sideways. I looked around the train and everybody else's head was shaking too. Maybe that's how all the head shaking started in India. An unspoken game of musical chair began after some seated passengers alighted along the way, freeing up seats and standing passengers rotated among themselves to have a seat. An Indian Muslim man sitting opposite dig his nose. An Indian woman with a sleeping child in her arms sat beside dig nose man. She stretched out her leg and put her foot right next to me. 14 days here have made me accustomed to what I was seeing. Just when I was starting to get used to this environment, it's time to go home...

You Might Also Like

0 comments