Taj

December 02, 2011


After walking around for three hours, we sat down for a rest facing the white marble building. The sun was setting and the dome had a tint of orange. Birds were circling around the finial. I thought about our journey thus far and I'm fascinated by India's vast diversity. I know I'm in India (Kolkata and Varanasi) but sometimes I feel like I'm not in India (Darjeeling and Sikkim). Now that the national symbol of India was right in front of eyes, I'm 'back' in India again. But it doesn't really feel very India at the same time because the icon of India is a piece of Mughal architecture constructed by Muslims, not Hindus. I'm glad he insisted we come to Agra after all. I was blown away by its phenomenal beauty at first sight. As we headed towards the exit, I turned around and took one last look. That's how mesmerising Taj Mahal is.

You Might Also Like

0 comments