Raining into 2016

January 01, 2016

The wild weather disrupted the rest of our plans. Not that we have much of a plan lol.

On New Year's Day, we quickly packed up before the rain came again. I had reserved a tent site at Aroha Island in Kerikeri that night but decided to cancel by not showing up. He was against the idea of no show and wanted to make a trip there personally to let them know. Cancelled one night at Verandahs Backpacker Lodge in Auckland too. No plans for the rest of the day so we charged back down to Auckland and managed to secure beds at JJ House. Jami Korean was good although I can't recall what we ate.


Seafood chowder at Mangonui Fish Shop was good


Dinner at Jami Korean in Auckland

2nd January was spent shopping in Auckland. After yum cha at Sun World in Newmarket, we stumbled upon Texan Art Schools (now known as Creative & Brave) and had a good browse of the shop selling lots of pretty and interesting kiwi art pieces. They have another store in Sylvia Park Mall and I had my eye on a Maori art frame. It represented a piece of New Zealand that I knew I would want to bring home in future. It was $143 and took me a long time to decide to get it.


It was still raining the next day. It followed us all the way back home. Stopped at Matamata for coffee and Taupo for lunch (Japanese). Had a look at Art Haus didn't buy anything and continued down south. I drove for about half an hour and couldn't take it; it was pouring heavily and the heavy traffic stressed me out. Decided to take SH2 instead of SH1. When we got to Masterton, he got distracted by a big sign at a roundabout and almost got into an accident. Finally back in Upper Hutt, safe and sound in the new year.


连续几天的雨一直跟着我们 没地方晾干 只好这样 洗完了衣服 终于可以偷懒一下∼

You Might Also Like

0 comments