Farewell at Wellington Train Station

November 04, 2014

On MB's last day in Wellington, RS gave them a ride to town after they returned their car at the Interislander ferry terminal and I met them for dinner at KK Malaysian Restaurant. She had planned an advanced birthday surprise for me and hid a small cake in our car before I arrived. I didn't suspect a thing when she said she needed to get something from the car and the three of them disappeared after finishing their food. As they sang me a birthday song, I realised I've not celebrated my birthday with friends for a long time. MB helped to parallel parked our car outside the train station and we sent them off to take their overnight bus back up to Auckland. A rainbow appeared when we waved each other goodbye, a beautiful ending to the fun times we had together in New Zealand.


As you take the long arduous journey back up north, I hope you leave with fond memories of your short time spent in the Wairarapa and Wellington region. We had an awesome time with you and your family (yum cha in Auckland was particularly memorable) laughing so hard reminded me of our uni days with the rest of our friends. Happy to see you relaxed and enjoying the simple things in life - taking in the beauty of the surroundings, feeding animals, chatting with locals, buying groceries in local supermarkets, etc. Thank you for lugging my stuff over and driving all the way down to Masterton to visit me! Throw out those old bread pls there’s plenty of nice food in Auckland. Safe flight home, see you soon back home or hopefully in the South Island!

You Might Also Like

0 comments