Survey Mark Damaged on Rangitoto Island

October 26, 2014

The symmetrical outline of Rangitoto Island rising gently in the horizon is visible from several of Auckland's vantage points. This volcano was formed 600 years ago and is only a short ferry ride away from the city. It was fine in the morning but became cloudy when we reached the summit. We became increasingly annoyed with the presence of too many Chinese visitors and the sight of children causing damage to the trig station by climbing all over it.


Rangitoto from Mt Eden





Lava caves were quite cool


Auckland from Rangitoto on an overcast day


Survey marks are important in identifying property boundaries. Without them I won't be able to do my work properly. I felt obliged to report this damage to my survey colleagues as soon as I got back to the office.

You Might Also Like

0 comments