Winter Roadie around Central North Island New Zealand

June 13, 2015


Click here for interactive map


I was excited and stressed at the same time when my family decided to come to New Zealand for holiday in winter. To prepare for this road trip we sold both our 1994 & 1995 cars and bought a Toyota Corolla and Nissan Tiida both 2005. What a huge difference 10 years can make. I feel like I’m driving an aeroplane now! I’m not a confident driver and had to force myself to practise more on the highway before they came. Lucky I had another driver, a steady and experienced Jeffrey, my brother in law to share the driving with me. We tiki toured around the central North Island for around 12 days, stopping at places Rui & I have been to that I wanted to show them, places we’ve never been to ourselves because we didn’t have a car back then and places they were interested in such as the famous Hobbiton. Rui & I were drivers, guides and cooks. It was tiring but fun; having the flexibility and freedom to go anywhere we like at any time with family made this roadie so much more enjoyable.

You Might Also Like

0 comments