Y(i)aks!

January 24, 2009

Sabrina brought a specialty from Yunnan today.

Yak meat (牦牛肉)Yaks I saw in Sichuan

The yaks she saw in Shangrila are mostly black in color while those I saw in Sichuan are all-white in color. I never dare to eat their meat cos they look really too exotic. Domesticated yaks are kept primarily for their milk, fiber and meat, and as beasts of burden. They are everywhere in high altitude places and yak meat is very common, just like how chicken is very common to us. They're just like cows but with lots of hair. She offered me one, it's just a very small piece that comes in a small packet. Can't believe I actually ate that poor fella (above) I saw in Mao county (茂县). Gulps. Taste like the 张飞牛肉 (Zhangfei beef) I bought in Chengdu.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. i like the ma la one! i took 6 packets today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't even finish 1 packet u took 6! :o

    ReplyDelete