Sounds

April 22, 2009

These are the sounds I hear in a day:

First, I would be woken up by thunderous drilling and knocking at about 9am. My block is finally selected for lift upgrading after 22 years. But I manage to continue sleeping, pressing my bolster on my ear.

At 12 noon, the drilling stops as the workers go for lunch. The neighbourhood enjoys some peace and quiet for a while and the chirping of birds becomes audible now.

The drilling resumes and the birds cannot be heard now.

The knocking stops again at 3pm as the workers go for 30 mins of tea break.

It continues again and the volume produced by electronic devices need to be increased in order to watch TV or listen to music.

At about 5.30pm, the workers call it a day. Rats take over and their squeaks reveberate in the whole neighbourhood as they scurry across the carpark.

Some sounds are produced due to our biological needs. After the rats screech, a long meow is heard around the corner as the cat is not looking to catch mice but longing to mate.

Late into the night when the rats and the cat are asleep, the night is filled with a chorus of sounds by earthworms, lizards and crickets. Night crawlers usually spend most of their time at night having sex. So I suppose these animals are having sex outside my house while I'm trying to sleep. That's not very nice.

Slowly, I can't hear anything as I fall asleep and the bulldozing interrupts my sleep again the next morning.

This post has no meaning. I just need to get away from studying for a while.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. i hear knocking as i am typing this comment as well. :( knock for more than 1 hour liao.

    jia you yo~

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, I'm facing the same lift upgrading situation as you. They are right outside my window now.

    To make it worst, the market + mall right beside my place is renovating. surrounded by noise 360degrees... argh.

    all the best girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wah i'll have to get out of the house if i were u! all the best to u too!

    ReplyDelete