South Vietnam

January 08, 2010

I went to Vietnam not knowing what to expect and not expecting much. It was never in my list of destinations to visit. I dono about you, but somehow, Southeast Asia doesn't really appeal to me. Perhaps tourism campaigns for the region were not good enough. Or maybe humans don't cherish what's around (or near) us and we think there are better places on the other side of the globe. This journey changed my ignorant opinion of the region and it made me realise I actually don't have to travel too far to have fun.


From Saigon (or now known as Ho Chi Minh City), we visited Tay Ninh to check out the tunnels and Can Tho (pronounced as k-en the) for a flavour of the Mekong Delta. It was a relaxing trip alright, pretty smooth sailing (for me) as we didn't have much problems communicating (oh yes you'll be surprised, some Vietnamese are trilingual) with the locals. Of cos mishaps never fail to happen to us (no puking this time though) but they were compensated by the small discoveries we made and the kind people we met. All posts will feature highlights only, more photos can be viewed on facebook (not mine of cos) that have been painstakingly put together by rs.

You Might Also Like

0 comments