Piecing Together 2009

December 31, 2009

I know we’re 2 weeks into the New Year now and it’s rather late to be posting this. But I know I have to get this done to make the jigsaw puzzle complete. 2009 was a year of transition and change. A tough but still rewarding year.

I never believe in "you reap what you sow". There were times when I feel I've done my best but didn't get what I should deserve. So this time round, I am just thankful that all the hard work paid off. The final semester was the toughest partly cos of dissertation. The heavy workload resulted in much frustration and unhappiness as we had so little time left for each other. On top of that, I also had to cope with the passing of my grandma. With all that I had to manage, it's amazing that this was my best of the past 7 semesters. I graduated with my desired class of honours (phew) and yes finally, I'm no longer on the line.


In my card to rs on the day of his commencement, I wrote our graduation trip was so awesome it was unbeatable. The (unpleasant) surprises we stumbled upon, the rough rides we took, unfortunate events, beautiful sceneries, kind people we met and delightful delicacies we tried were without a doubt so unforgettable they have become my fondest memories in 2009. The whole experience is just totally beyond words. The 23 days in Yunnan via Chengdu was like a mini-SEP which we'll miss in time to come.


As our journey was coming to an end, I dread (still dreading) what lies ahead. I feel (present tense) very reluctant and hesistant about embarking the next phase of my life. Starting over again, adjusting to a new environment, getting used to a new way of life were just the beginning. Being responsible for your own actions, meeting your boss expectations, pre-empting what they will ask, clarifying, understanding and communicating to another party are just some of the things we'll need to manage everyday from now on. Having an income would also mean contributing a part of our salary to support our family. As I was adapting to all these changes, I'd look back and reminisce about the good old days when we need not be accountable to anyone but ourselves.

There's still loads to learn in the coming year, loans to repay, vacations to look forward to and unknown events that will be coming our way. No more economic crisis and global pandemic attacks pls.

You Might Also Like

0 comments