Mt Maunganui & Big Kiwi

July 12, 2015

Swung by the Bay of Plenty to introduce my family to Mt Maunganui and Te Puke. It was difficult to find a park in the morning and I had to get out of the driver seat to let Jeffrey parallel park for me while a line of vehicles waited, how embarrassing! When we visited Mt Maunganui two years ago, I felt the views at the top of The Mount was worth the effort and was confident my folks would be able to manage the short climb up, given the amount of morning exercise they have been consistently doing over the years. I was happy everyone enjoyed the splendid views at the top.










After a good work out we had lunch at the busy Eighty Eight Cafe and moved on to Te Puke. Rui and I have never been there before and only know of it as a place with many job opportunities in the kiwifruit industry. No fruits in winter so we just had a look around the shop and took photos with the big kiwi.





Only my father and I were interested to go up the big kiwi lol


Jump on the Kiwi Kart orchard tour!

Honey tasting at Comvita

You Might Also Like

0 comments