Te Apiti Wind Farm & Big Carrot

July 08, 2015

Martinborough to Ohakune via Palmerston North was about 3 hr 45 mins drive. This was beginning to feel like the start of the road trip for me as both of us have never been to Ohakune before. As I drove up the Saddle Road they got excited when the wind turbines came into view. I was glad they enjoyed the wind farm as much as we did.






After lunch at Noodles & Dumplings, we brought them to Kathmandu to buy warmer wear as my sisters were obviously feeling so cold they couldn't move around comfortably. This was the day I was able to join Kathmandu's Summit Club for free as their total spend was more than $500 lol and we also received a $20 voucher. My aunt and sisters each got the same down jacket as me and we chose a red rain jacket for mom.


They went on to buy some touch screen gloves at Macpac


After a satisfying shopping spree we continued our journey and stopped briefly at Stormy Point lookout. By the time we checked in to our bach at Ohakune it was getting dark.


Look there's a carrot outside!


Approaching the big carrot


With the big carrot missing my elder sis


What adventures await us? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments