From Winter Palace to Summer Palace

March 31, 2008


The last time I was here was in winter 2001. I didn't have much impression of this place and all I could remember is a frozen lake and that pagoda at the background which I don't even know its name. Today, I had the opportunity to spend more time exploring this world heritage site and sunset was mesmerizing. People fly kites, pedal boats, practise ground calligraphy, play music, sing song and stroll along the lake where Qian Long and Cixi once walked on. The most unforgettable part of this trip was chancing upon exactly the same scene from a painting and blowing dandelion in the sunset. There are so many things one can do when one is not a tourist.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Very nice entry!
    Your that huan zhu ge ge pic reminds me of that pic of you wearing mb's mickey mouse ears. haha.
    and i must say, im impressed by your photography skills! love the last sunset pic.. keep on shooting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya! i'm going to buy one next time i see it!! my photos should go on Explore on flickr!!! haha!

    ReplyDelete