Seoraksan

November 18, 2010


Last day in Sokcho


There are many hiking courses to choose from. We did two courses - the most popular and straightforward one to Ulsanbawi followed by Biryong Falls.


Sinheungsa Temple area


When we saw this he turned around and said to me "Shall we do the cable car later? I wanna see your scared shit face leh." We didn't in the end cos I find it expensive haha.


Floating tap?


Hiking is never boring when your companion talks nonsense, sings along with you, races you to the top and lends you a helping hand :)


Clearing my dripping nose


Some more stairs to go


WOOHOO WE'RE IN KOREAAAAA!


North Korea?


Ulsanbawi


We moved closer to get a better view


Thank goodness it was a clear day!


There are two things I like to do when going down. One is to look at people climbing up panting, stopping and almost giving up. The other is to tell people they're almost there when there's still a long way to go. Heh heh.


Looking up at the towering karst formation woah~


Lunch was sandwich, sushi, croissant and peanut biscuits.


Taebaek Mountains


Awesome advertisement for The North Face


I was so drowsy I fell asleep in this beautiful setting while waiting for him to go to the loo.


It was still early and he suggested we walk some more (!) to the Flying Dragon Falls. So we found ourselves walking through a forest and the further we went, the lesser people we met.


It was getting really boring and there was still no sight of any flying dragon-like waterfall. We started telling lame jokes and spinning stupid stories to keep each other awake.


That's it? Disappointed, I decided not to proceed further, sat down along the stairways and waited for him to complete the course. It was silent except for the occasional sound of a helicopter in the sky, probably looking out for stranded people in the mountains. He was gone for quite a while, there wasn't a single soul here and I imagined myself waving to the helicopter for help - sign of boredom and fatigue.


So what's at the top? I asked. "Nothing, just a pool of water," he replied while catching his breath. Lucky I didn't go up hah!


Concussed on the bus and trudged to Wangsimni for barbeque buffet dinner.


We stripped down to our t-shirts (my idea I hate wearing smelly clothes) and started grilling and cutting thick slabs of meat. A grouchy ajuma working there saw how un-pro and amateur we were and took control lol. For 7,000W (rice/noodles and drinks not included) you can eat all you want, ice-cream included!

You Might Also Like

0 comments