Marudhar Express: Varanasi Junction to Agra Fort

November 30, 2011



10.30pm Singapore time set up my middle berth and prepared to sleep. It's been years since I slept in a middle berth of a three tier bunk. I almost let my guard down with regard to the position of my bags. An elderly lady in pink sari was on the opposite middle berth. She saw me shift my bags to a more secure position against the wall and started speaking to me in Hindi. I figured she should be saying be careful of your belongings. We're on our way to Agra. Our journey is ending soon. While I'm feeling really glad we've finally left Varanasi and Fish&Co is drawing near, I know eventually I'll miss my time in India. I'm already starting to miss the snow-capped Kangchenjunga, starry skies, momos and hot lemon honey ginger tea...

You Might Also Like

0 comments