Beihai Park

April 05, 2008


As with many Chinese imperial gardens, Beihai Park was inspired by renowned scenic spots around China such as Hangzhou, Suzhou and Wuxi.


It was my first time taking the bus by myself. It was a totally wrong choice to take the bus on that day bcos we hit the Qing Ming holiday crowd. What's more I'm bringing a VIP around and he had to go through such a bad experience. More on Beijing's transportation here.

So far I've been able to get student price (half price) for entrance tickets with my Tsinghua student pass. But the rude woman at the counter denied my student id saying the rule is like that and threw the change in my face. Damn angry. What rule? China is lawless! No rules!


His impression of Beijing totally ruined


Obviously I was in the wrong attire


Dulan


We queued for a very long time and gave up when it's our turn bcos I thought the price was 200 yuan only to realise later that it was just 40 yuan/boat/hr and the rest is just deposit. I felt really lousy at how bad the day turned out to be. Flight delayed, missed the bus, crowded bus ride, so many people, no student price, wrong attire, stood for so long in the queue but left when I FINALLY got my turn bcos I mistook the price. I felt like a total idiot.


He took out the bubbles he bought earlier to try and cheer me up. As soon as I started blowing, kids came running to us.


HOOOOOOOOOOO!

She was carrying a plastic bag to collect the pink flowers she plucked off the trees.


天真无邪的脸孔


More more!


Another one came along


What? U think only u got ice cream is it??


If not for the kids and the bubbles, my day would have been totally ruined.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. you go around pian xiao hai! XD

    china got too many palaces man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. in the 2nd last pic...

    the kid looked dulan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mb: i was trying to protect state property by distracting the kids with the bubbles so that they can stop plucking the flowers. ya palaces and pagodas are like hdb in sg! they are so common here i starting to lose interest in taking photographs of them ler

    mw: she thinks my pineapple ice cream is nicer thats why

    ReplyDelete
  4. too many palaces?
    en bloc them lah!

    ReplyDelete