WFJx3

April 24, 2008

Wangfujing is a bustling pedestrian shopping mall and a place where the old and new blend. As one of the oldest shopping streets in Beijing, it features many Time Honoured Brand stores, most of which are more than 100 years old. Since the middle of Ming Dynasty there have been commercial activities. In the Qing Dynasty, 8 aristocratic estates and princess residence were built here, soon after when a well full of sweet water was discovered, thereby giving the street its name "王府" (aristocratic residence), "井" (well).

Selling like hotcakes

Life-size 欢欢

FUWAWA!
Place ur orders with me now if interested! (Not FOC of cos)

Yay! Got some olympics souvenirs home!

王府井小吃街 - 北京特色小吃都在这里!
Too touristy and expensive though.

Seahorse & Scorpions anyone?

The scorpions were still wriggling on the sticks.

菠萝饭、乾隆包、油炸冰淇淋、炸酱面
Oily and sinful

This was rather new and refreshing to me at first but later on I found out that Spore and Msia also have. Hmph.

Chinese Big Ben

全聚德-Beijing's most famous Peking Duck brand since the Ming Dynasty

Tianjin specialty-狗不理包子
Dong Hua Men Night Market
Turns out it was just bao with some meat fillings inside that's all. Disappointed.

I saw a woman bite an arm off a starfish.

Second round of fried ice-cream for me!
Hot and crispy on the outside, cold strawberry ice-cream inside! Heavenly!

It was so good they went for round TWO!!!

Chocolate ice cream wrapped in fluffy egg pastry with toast underneath.
Damn nice!


This scene left a very deep impression in me. Watch the video below (courtesy of rs) and u'll understand why.

感受一下北京的热情吧!!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This was rather new and refreshing to me at first but later on I found out that Spore and Msia also have. Hmph.

    ^ LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya lor..u told me genting have and my sis told me that time cny 河畔 also have. then i saw chengdu also have. cheaper some more!

    ReplyDelete