I'll be back

May 31, 2009


On my last day in Chengdu,
I am not alone.
I thought about the last time I was here,
How I can't wait to get back to Beijing and leave this darn place.
Despite all the negative feelings,
I realised I've grown attached to this place.

Its rich history and culture are enough to blow my socks off.
Sometimes I can't believe I'm actually standing on Liu Bei's Kingdom!
The forever hilarious Sichuan accent which I enjoy imitating;
The familiar spiciness that makes me go numb and tear;
The hazy skies that's always grey and never blue;
The friendly traffic volunteers who give the most accurate directions;
Not forgetting the cute little pandas;
Which have become the icon of the city;
Delicious hotpot I'd love to try again;
Jiuzhaigou remains one of the most beautiful place I've ever seen;
And all the stunning places and small towns I've yet to visit.

If someone were to ask me what's my favourite city in China?
My answer has got to be Chengdu and not Beijing.
I know I'll be back again.

You Might Also Like

0 comments