Rain & Rest

May 15, 2009

We moved to another room the next morning and the check out time was damn slow. It was that same girl yesterday who gave the dulan face. We stood at the side and waited for the longest time it's impossible she didn't notice us. Someone cut our queue and she actually attended to her. Usually I would just keep quiet and swear under my breath but I know keeping quiet would only get us bullied here. I was furious with their extremely poor service so I marched up to the both of them and said firmly EXCUSE ME WE CAME FIRST. Then she just said "Oh sorry didn't see u" and I replied "We've been standing here for so long it's impossible u didn't see us" then she just kept quiet and gave the black face. What kind of attitude lor. I didn't want their green tea but rs said it's free anyway (cos he thought their green tea refers to those bottled cold green tea) so we exchanged it at the counter. It's just a glass of hot water with a few leaves. Anyway, I didn't drink any of it, not even a sip.


After a very unpleasant morning, we began our day by going to the train station first to get our tickets to Dali tomorrow night.We couldn't decide whether to visit Shilin today so we scissors paper stone. Lucky we didn't make the trip bcos it started to rain in the afternoon. It was good rest for us anyway after the exertion yesterday.


Jinbi Square has two archways-Jinma & Biji-thus the name Jinbi

Jinma Archway

Night view

Jinma Biji archways are named after Jinma and Biji mountains facing North and West. They were built in the Ming Dynasty over 400 years ago. Today, they represent the icons of Kunming.

Kunming was more modern than I thought

Blinds giving massage under the trees

Western cafe in Chinese architecture

穆斯林大厦 (Muslim Complex)
Thanks to The Hump for not providing maps, I had no idea where we shopped at.
Orderliness is a rare sight in ChinaSculptures (叫卖)

Lunch was at this Quick cafe which didn't seem to have quite a number of items on their menu. We ordered Italian fried rice (18 yuan) and vegetable (12 yuan). Food was normal, nothing special. There was a man from another table who kept staring at me. When I asked rs to turn behind and look, he immediately turned away. So obvious la! :S

We got hungry and bought 6 pc nuggets (6-7 yuan) that comes with 3 sauces to choose from - Thai, Italian and Chinese. Can only choose one. He was attracted by their slogan 不吃老俩口 枉来昆明走
(meaning u have to try this when u'r in Kunming)
Nice interior白米酒 (Fermented rice)-We only had a few spoonfulsI totally have no idea what's 豌豆粉. Initially I thought it's some kind of noodles but it turned out to be pieces of fried snacks.
I only found out what's 豌豆粉 after I got back to Sg. Pea flour. I don't remember what these were called. They weren't to my liking...The plate behind tasted abit sweet but the orange ones had no taste. I only ate like 3 pieces leaving him to finish everything and he had to take away. Oops.

Since I weren't full and wanted to eat a proper meal, I chose a Japanese fast food restaurant (有乐和食日试面) next to Dicos. Bad choice. The miso soup was crap and the curry chicken rice only had a few pieces of chicken. Ugh.

Our new room was 80 yuan with air-con but no private bathroom. Most importantly, it was quiet at night. No more ear plugs while sleeping.!

You Might Also Like

0 comments