终点中甸

May 28, 2009

As the bus weaved its way through the mountain roads, I rocked to the beat of the music playing in my ears. How strange, for I usually find myself skipping almost every song that comes up on the player. Then I started singing aloud, totally immersed in my own world and it felt like the most enjoyable ride I ever had.

I stared out of the window looking at the vast lands and clear skies whizzed past me in a blur of green, brown and blue. While I'm really looking forward to KFC in Lijiang having deprived of real food for days and getting overdosed by all those mountains, I know eventually I'll miss the rugged natural terrains here. I discovered I've taken a liking to the sense of remoteness and sacredness I found in Shangrila. And I am truly in awe with all the good people we met.

I may be back for all I know, but until then it's goodbye with great reluctance.

You Might Also Like

0 comments