Tears of Gratitude

August 10, 2012


Mongolia has little infrastructure, no address and no sign posts after leaving the capital. We had overshot our destination and now we're making our way back to the lake. This time round we immediately got off when we saw ger camps along the lake lol. Picked a spot with the least shit and pitched our new tent for the first time. We wanted to visit the Khorgo volcano but we had no idea where it was. He went for a swim in the lake while I had a sandwich. Spent the rest of the afternoon playing and racing with the kids living nearby who had just finished their cattle duties. They would crowd around to look at the photos we took of them. The eldest girl in the group invited us into their ger and although we couldn't hold a conversation with them, I enjoyed their laughters and company. We met another family on vacation and one of them speaks fluent English. The man gave us hot water to boil our noodles and put our cup noodles in a box so that we could carry them back to our tent without spilling. As I slurped my noodles by our tent, I had tears in my eyes as I thought about the angels we met at Tsagaan Nuur after a rough time in the village. We filled up his box with small presents brought from home and I thanked the man from the bottom of my heart as I returned him the box. He invited us to stay for dinner with his family T_T and the evening ended with a casual game of volleyball. The next morning we didn't see anybody at the lake the ger camps were still there though...

You Might Also Like

0 comments