Horse Fantasy Fail

August 13, 2012

I have a fantasy about galloping on a horse on Mongolia's grasslands. First of all, I have to get on a horse.


The opportunity came when we saw a pack of horses waiting outside the forests - Tuvhun Monastery was hidden inside the woods.


Riding a horse is second nature to Mongolians. They mounted their chosen horses swiftly and came well prepared with boots.


Chuu! Off we go with the pack into the forest. When I saw other visitors from the opposite direction tramping on the muddy ground I was glad I didn't have to get my shoes dirty.


No I did not get to gallop...not even trot. I was just sitting on the horse with the boy leading it one hour each way. I was disappointed the boy disallowed me to take control of the reins after my horse strayed off to feed on leaves off the trees which sent me crashing into the branches lol.


Even he got to control the horse by himself.


The monastery was established by Zanabazar, a spiritual leader of Tibetan Buddhism and creator of the soyombo script (which later became the national emblem of Mongolia).


Anything up there?


Look for two trees connected by a single horizontal branch inside the forests.


Oh our wee wee were so painful. So sore I almost wanted to get down and walk in the mud on the way back. Neva gonna ride a horse again...

You Might Also Like

0 comments