Cycle Arrowtown to Lake Hayes

November 01, 2013

The owners of Poplar Lodge also has a bike hire business in town and they charge $38 for half a day. Staff get to borrow a bike for free! Quite good benefit leh hehe. Adin chose a bike for me, passed me a helmet and a map. It's 7-8 km to Lake Hayes, 8km around the lake and another 7-8 km back to Arrowtown. The track along the lake is mostly flat and easy to ride on but the ride back was so hard due to a bloody sharp uphill.




Straight ahead on Lake Hayes Road


Arrow cemetery


Finally sight of the lake after 45 mins!



CHARGE!!!!



The weather was a bit of a bummer but at least it didn't rain. Nonetheless, I was pleased with myself for completing the circuit in two hours.


It was only flat for that short distance and thereafter gruesome uphill via Christine Hill to Millbrook


Returned my bike and took the bus to Queenstown to get groceries.

You Might Also Like

0 comments