Cycle Arrowtown to Peregrine Wines via Gibbston River Trail

November 05, 2013

Another bike trip from Arrowtown to Gibbston Valley covering at least 34km for over 4 hours. A longer but easier ride than my previous one to Lake Hayes. This was along Centennial Ave getting ready to leave Arrowtown and approaching the start of 100km/h zone. 



I was lost for awhile at Morven Ferry Road and cycled into private property. There were warning signs on the ground with lightning symbols but didn't say what the danger was. At this point I still believed I was heading in the right direction so I kicked the leg stand down, lifted my bike across the 'danger' line, made sure it's standing on the ground while my body and feet were still on the other side of the line, then lifted my feet and crossed the line (hoping I won't get an electric shock >.<) and I was relieved nothing happened. I then realised I had reached a dead end and had to turn around and cross the 'danger' line again. (Smacks forehead!) Along the way I passed stags and alpacas who were equally curious as I was to see them.





I was getting bored of the same old scenery of lakes and melting snow mountains in Queenstown so it was a good change of views to river, valleys, bridges and vineyards.


Just before the bungy jump bridge, SH6 narrows round a bend and there is a separate track that goes around the hill for the safety of cyclists. I had to get down and push my bike up the hill.


Stopped briefly to watch a lady leap into the valley at Kawarau Bridge



An easy one hour ride (5km one way) from here to Peregrine Wines along the Gibbston River Trail



万一还是被炸到怎么办...


Peregrine Wines is owned by the McLachlan family. The design of the building's roof was inspired by the native falcon (karearea). This was the furthest I went and I decided it was time to make my way back.




Running late have to cycle across the bridge go go go


Last photo at Kawarau Bridge


I reached Romans Ln at 5.58pm, packed up in lightning speed, zoomed to the bus stop got there at 6.03 just in time for the 6.05 bus to meet HT in Queenstown for dinner.

You Might Also Like

0 comments