Hitchhike Queenstown to Lake Manapouri

November 13, 2013

Two and a half weeks flew past and it's time to leave Arrowtown. I carried a heavier load than from Christchurch to Arrowtown with the sun burning at me as I waited for my first ride. Waited 50 mins opposite Frankton Hub bus stop with no luck. Walked further down past the airport and waited by the road for an(other?) hour... Finally got a ride from Anaud and his parents from France! I had a seat to myself at the back and it was quite difficult to hold a conversation with them sitting in front. So I just sat through this 2 hour ride in silence, checking my GPS location on my ipod from time to time.



They dropped me off at Te Anau. A lady stopped right after I alighted. She thought their Jucy vehicle broke down and came to help. She had no intention of giving me a ride. I waited for awhile without success again...



Walked further down along SH95 and Syd stopped. He said he knew Jimmy & Kerstin (owners of the hostel I'm heading to) and offered to let me stay a night at his house if I can't make it to Manapouri tonight. He gave me a short ride (on his way home I think) and I continued to wait aimlessly for an hour or so... until Susan & Gilbert, retirees from France (FRANCEF🇫🇷🇫🇷ROCKS) sent me all the way to my final destination:



Long and tiring day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments