Manapouri to Te Anau: Farewell at Sandfly Cafe

November 21, 2013


Cora gave me a ride to Te Anau at 7.45am punctually as agreed. She told me about her unpleasant experiences with Kerstin. I can understand why she felt quite bothered over it as I would imagine I would too at the age of 19. She stopped at the Fiordland National Park Visitor Centre first (to pick up my hut tickets) then Rosie Backpacker (to drop some of my bags) as requested. We still had some time so I bought her coffee at Sandfly Cafe. I followed her to Fiordland Cinema to get some DVDs which she was going to send home as Christmas gift. I helped her with her IRD application, 2degree top up at PostShop and I realised it was 9.35am I really had to go even though I didn't feel at ease leaving her there when she was not done with her administrative matters. I had difficulty running with my backpack and I was so desperate and worried I would miss the bus that I begged for a ride along the road. A red vehicle stopped and saved my life! The visitor centre was a good 15 mins walk away from town and I would never have made it if not for the kind driver which I didn't even managed to catch his name. I arrived just in the nick of time and was totally breathless as RS complained to the bus driver about my last minute grand entrance lol and we quickly jumped on the bus to the start of the Milford Track...

You Might Also Like

0 comments