Kepler Track Day Walk: Rainbow Reach to Shallow Bay Hut

November 18, 2013

Last night, Cora jio me to do part of the Kepler Track. It was a no-brainer; I agreed immediately as I have always wanted to do it anyway and it was so close to where we were staying. I jumped into her car with Carla at the back in her baby seat and set off to Rainbow Reach. The track starts at a swingbridge and wanders through beech forest with a few glimpses of the Waiau River along the way. Cora had Carla on her back and she was faster than me. Power!





Lunch at the kettle bog - lecker!


We walked along the shores of Lake Manapouri and came to a nice beach with clear waters - Shallow Bay. I watched Cora played with Carla in the water and started swinging her so that her little feet were brushing against the water. Despite being just 19, Cora's maturity was evident to me and I felt that she has more life experience than most girls of her age and even myself in some ways.


We are great babysitters!


Carla slept most of the time when I carried her back to the carpark.


Last photo with blur-looking Carla who had just woken up from her sleep lol

You Might Also Like

0 comments